Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Top Tips for staying on track while on vacation.....



Sooooo you are on vacation.  I know, I know, you want to kick back, not worry about anything and eat with reckless abandon.  After all it is a VACATION right?

Here is why you shouldn't....Yes it takes 21 days to make a good habit, but you can derail that habit in 48 hours.  Sad but true.

1. Set some boundaries.  Yes have fun but DONT do anything that will make it hard for you to get back in healthy habits once you are home and regretting those 7lbs.  Decide ahead of time what you will allow and wont allow. My big tip here is just DONT do anything that has been known to cause to you binge.  For me this is sugar.  I dont eat it.  Not ever, not even on vacation.  The price I pay for it is TOOOO high.  ( Literally weeks and months of being off the wagon, so I abstain all the time).  For me, I eat bread rolls as a treat.  I know, life on the edge eh?!  It is a simple treat I dont allow myself daily.  When on vacation, I have crusty fresh bread.

2. Take the stairs.  As much as possible.  I will be on a cruise ship, sometimes I have to go up 10 decks, which would be 20 flights of stairs.  If I have time I will, but not always.  I dont EVER take an elevator to go down.  I always walk down the stairs.  The tip here is walk as much as you can.  Find as much fun physical stuff to do, and walk as much as you can :)

3. Remember EVERYTHING counts.  EVERYTHING adds up, good and bad, and no amount of relaxing and binge eating is worth the extra effort you will have to expend to fix things when you get home :)  This is easier when you have an over all mind set of food as fuel, not pleasure.  It used to be I couldn't fathom HOW people could get there mentally, but as I am not in that spot, I can tell you the FASTEST way there is to have solid goals that are TOTALLY unrelated to size and weight.  For example, I avoid sugar because I am an addict.  I avoid dairy because my joints hurt more when I eat it, I keep my nutrition quality high because I feel AMAZING and I love being able to do thing many 46 year old women cant do.  When I look at this 4 times a day on a cruise ship

THE thing that stops me from going in face first is focusing on how I love feeling amazing and healthy and strong and eating this will take that away.

Sooooo there you have it.  3 simple things you can do to minimize vacation damage.  :)

For more help getting fit, stop on by my FB page and message me if I can help you on your fitness journey.

https://www.facebook.com/fighththefluff




No comments:

Post a Comment