Tuesday, October 7, 2014

46 is coming....

So I am going to be 46 in November 2014.

Since reclaiming my health I get to do so many fantastic physical things that make me so happy.

Paddle boarding is my new found passion....love it!!!

Then, recently I started doing Silks 

And I also get to teach gymnastics to adults 3 times a week.  Gymnastics has always been something I LOOOOOOVED.   I was a gymnast for most of my childhood until college.  ( If you are local to Baltimore and want to take my class it is Monday nights from 6pm - 7:30pm  at  Urban Evolution )  It is for anyone who used to do gymnastics and wants to relive the fun - and for those who always wanted to give it a try and never had the chance.  


Soooo to that end - the point of my post, I am almost 46.  No matter how much I love gymnastics, there is only so much that is smart to do with my body.  As I retrain, I am getting stronger, so I will be able to reclaim much of what I used to do, but the super bendy spine stuff is not a good idea to do tons of when getting back into it.  

I decided in the realm of things I can still do easily....handstands, cartwheels, basic rolls, balances and a couple of flips I am going to work on control and strength, and as such, part of my blog is going to be to track my progress with things I want to learn....some are short term easier goals, and some are long term - at least a year away :)

Here is my list...
Hold a handstand for a minute or longer
Sloooooow controlled handstands and cartwheels
Planche stand

What I am curious about is this....

Can a 46 year old woman learn to do these things?

Stay tuned!!  I am going to document my progress right here weekly.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment