Saturday, April 12, 2014

700 DAYS!!!


700, yes SEVEN HUNDRED Days!!! 


WOOO HOOOO IT IS CELEBRATION DAY!!!


700 days ago I looked like this...

I was, as the saying goes, "fat sick and nearly dead".  Well the latter wasn't true, but my liver was starting to die.  So to be technically correct I was fat, sick and dying slowly.  Full term pregnancy weight - NO BABY.  It was my rock bottom - and not in a good firm way!

I had stage 1 liver failure (was diagnosed with NASH aka NAFLD) which basically meant that my liver was surrounded by a lovely, not so delicate, layer of fat which was basically smothering its function.  The irony of this was even though I did eat some healthy food and I was exercising a little.  I was TRYING and nothing was working.  Even if I did everything right, I still didn't lose weight BECAUSE a side effect of NAFLD is - it is hard to lose weight!  And of course, losing weight is the cure for NAFLD!

Insert smacks forehead image of your choice!

I drank about 2 drinks a MONTH - which I had to give up, and was told to lose weight or I would be on a transplant list in 10 yrs...unless something else got me first.  It could have been any number of Russian roulette scenarios...high blood pressure, high cholesterol, type 2 diabetes, a cancer related to weight gain, heart attack, the list was full of the usual suspects.  So I had to do something.....else....

So 700 days ago today I started The Ultimate Reset after reading about how it helps get your body back to better functioning through high nutrition and organic food supplements.  Basically it is 21 days that takes you to a super simple way to eat, that is easy to digest, and your body then has to work less hard on dealing with the every day fatty, greasy, and chemical laden stuff we put in our bodies for taste and to stop hunger, that do nothing more than kill us slowly.  Turns out, when you stop putting junk in and REALLY support your body with excellent (and good tasting) nutrition, it has time to repair itself.  You are what you eat took on a WHOLE new meaning for me.

The short story is ( hmm, taps chin, we might actually be past the point for this to be short - oh well)  it worked.  I lost 14lbs and 56 cholesterol points in THREE WEEKS.  I kept eating simple whole foods and lost over 40lbs and this is me today - in a very classy bathroom selfie.  Those just getting to know me will soon learn I specialize in "awkward selfies".  :)

This is me upside down!

and this is me sideways - no I'm kidding!!





I am still a work in progress, but I haven't gone back on how I eat ( simple, clean whole foods, no sugar, mo chemicals, no meat, no dairy) because it works for me and I love how I feel so much, that I don't WANT to go back.  Not for a taste that lasts 2 minutes and turns into poop in 12 hrs.

Today marks 700 DAYS of eating that way, and I am looking forward to day 1000.  To celebrate, I am marking the occasion with a lovely blog post for you all, and I want to celebrate by helping others get healthy too.  As I typed this I Googled the current obesity statistic (34.9%) so out of the 313.9 million residents in the US ( and we are going to round up here, cos while I ROCK at helping people get fit and healthy - I STINK at math!) That is almost 110 MILLION people who are obese.  Plus there are more who aren't obese YET, just on their way there.  WHO WANTS TO HELP ME CELEBRATE BY LETTING ME HELP YOU GET HEALTHY?  Not the diet to get in a bathing suit, look good surface healthy.  The strong heart, disease resistant, can do anything you want, no longer a slave to food cravings best version of you you can be, with the side bonus of looking much better.

I help people for FREE!!

WHO WANTS TO HELP ME CELEBRATE??  Come and get healthy with me!!!

KIK:sharethehealthnow
Email: fightthefluff@gmail.com
Comment below and leave a message for me.










No comments:

Post a Comment